Date of establishment
July 29, 1994
To promote research and development, education and training, and assist in solving problems related to the prevention of poisonings from drugs, medicines and chemicals.
Range of services
- To assist governmental and all levels of civil organizations in the implementation, development and promotion of activities regarding prevention of drugs and substances abuse.
- To assist in the rehabilitation of people with drugs and substances abuse.
- To assist in the promotion of services by poison information centers across the nation, and prevention and treatment concepts and techniques on poisoning.
- To decrease labor disputes, improve environmental pollution and eliminate substances abuse through promoting awareness of and educating the public about the safe use of medicines, occupational hygiene and recognizing chemical substances.
- To promote and plan for the financial support of professional training, continued education, further studies abroad, tours, visits, attending meetings and research by personnel in the fields of toxicology, pharmacology, chemical injuries, industrial safety, environmental medicine, etc.
- To organize or co-organize related seminars and invite foreign experts to visit, conduct academic exchanges and instruction.
- To assist in the appraisal of occupational injuries, investigation of environmental pollution, execution of safety evaluations of pharmaceuticals and chemical poisons, and the propagation and promotion of concepts and techniques in the determination, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of poisonous substances and the damages they cause.
- To establish exhibition centers to increase and promote the public’s education in related knowledge.
- To participate in the activities of international organizations and to develop a global network for poison prevention.